I have recently read a lot about Spaghetti A La Philly on several other food sites. It is basically spaghetti that has been doctored up by using cream cheese.
I liked the basic idea because it was a quick and easy recipe, but I thought it needed a little more to it.
I thought I could make it just a little different, and something more like my family would enjoy by adding spinach to it. I also thought sausage would be good in place of the ground beef.
Now this recipe calls for a jar of spaghetti sauce. I will admit that I am not a big fan of jarred spaghetti sauce. For most things I would much rather make my Easy Pasta Sauce, but I do usually keep a jar or two of spaghetti sauce in my pantry. I do not use them often, but for meals like this it works great.
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked ( Use gluten free pasta for gluten free version )
- 1 lb. ground sausage ( you can also use beef, but we like sausage and I have a freezer full of it)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package.
- While spaghetti noodles are cooking, brown meat in large skillet. Stir in sauce and cook on low heat 3 to 5 minutes, add cream cheese and spinach and stir until cream cheese is melted and until blended through.
- Drain spaghetti and add to sauce. Mix together and serve.
If you are gluten-free use gluten-free pasta and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 814mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.