I have tried several White Chili recipes over the years. I have found several recipes that we like, but this one has become my favorite. I cut it out of a magazine several years ago. I do not remember what magazine it came from but it is a great recipe.
I like this recipe because it is a crock-pot recipe and it uses dried beans instead of canned beans. I am realizing how much better dried beans are. The texture and taste are just better than canned. You can change the seasoning around a little if you like it spicier. My husband likes it spicier but the kids and I like it just the way it is.
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 cup dried beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 10 ¾ ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 4.5 ounce can diced green chilies
- Soak beans overnight.
- Drain beans. Place in slow cooker with chicken, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, soup, and water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or until beans are done.
- Stir in cumin, hot pepper sauce, and chilies.
- Serve with sour cream and cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 456mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.