This easy crock pot roast is one of my favorite ways to cook roast. It is simple and so good. I have been making this for probably fifteen or more years.
I shared this recipe during my first few months of blogging, but it was buried in a post with several recipes and did not include any pictures. Yes, back in the “old” days I blogged without photos, oh how times have changed.
This is my go to roast recipe when I want roast and need to keep it simple, so I knew I had to share it again as part of my crock pot favorites series. This time I made sure to share photos with the recipe.
If you need a simple roast for dinner this is a must try. I like to serve this with my onion potatoes.
- 3 lb (or so) chuck roast
- 1 package dry onion soup mix- I use homemade onion soup mix see note below
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard- you can use less, but I like to use about that ( This is the mustard powder found in the spice aisle)
- Place meat in crock pot, sprinkle with soup mix and dry mustard.
- Cook on low for 7 or 8 hours. Cool, then, shred or slice.
- This freezes really well for use later as roast beef sandwiches
Homemade onion soup mix can be used in place of the boxed onion soup mix.
I do not add liquid to this recipe. It has plenty of juices on its own since it cooks in the crockpot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.