A few simple ingredients is all you need for this easy Fajita Rice Casserole!
Fajita rice casserole is one of my new favorite easy casseroles!
I recently had some leftover chicken and some leftover rice. I wanted to use them up, but wanted to try something new.
I knew my family loved my beef enchilada rice casserole, so I took that same basic idea, but changed it up a little with the chicken and rice.
Since this is a great way to use leftovers I know it will be on our menu plan often.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced ( Or use 1 green pepper)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2- 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan. Add onion and peppers. Cook until onions and peppers are tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder.
- Add rice, chicken, and 1 cup cheese. Stir to combine. If your pan is not large enough you might need to do this in a bowl.
- Spread into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
To make this gluten-free read labels to make sure that all your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 18g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.