We love fajitas. They are a great quick and easy meal that my whole family loves. One of the ways that I save money making fajitas is to make my own seasoning at home. Homemade fajita seasoning is so easy to make.
I like to make up a large batch and keep it in a jar. This way I have it anytime I want to make fajitas, sheet pan fajitas, crock pot fajitas, or any other recipes that uses fajita seasoning.
I have been making this fajita seasoning for years. It is the closest to the store bought version that I have found and we love it.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 -3 teaspoons chili powder (vary according to how spicy you like it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Combine ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that have been cut into strips.
- Cook in oil until almost done, about 5- 6 minutes.
- Add seasoning with 1/2 cup water. Mix well and finish cooking.
- In a separate pan cook sliced onions and peppers (we like to mix up green, yellow, and red, or whatever is on sale) until tender in a little oil.
- Stir vegetables into the seasoned chicken.
- Serve on warm tortillas.
- You can also use sliced steak for this recipe.
- You can make a lot of the seasoning mix and keep in a container to have any time you want to make fajitas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 13Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 471mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g