If you miss doughnuts these gluten free chocolate chip doughnuts are a must make!
Do you miss doughnuts since going gluten free? I do! Doughnuts are one of the food I miss the most. There is nothing quite like a fresh from the bakery doughnut.
Now I will admit that homemade gluten free doughnuts aren’t quite the same as a bakery doughnut, but they can taste great. And they are easy to make and satisfy that doughnut craving when I have it.
Gluten free doughnuts are often a birthday request at our house. My daughter made a double batch earlier this month for her birthday and we enjoyed them for several days.
And yes teaching your kids to cook totally pays off when they hit the teen years and start making their own birthday treats!
The glaze is not necessary on these, but it is very good and makes them even better.
Chocolate Glazed Gluten Free Doughnuts
Makes 10-12 doughnuts
- 1 1/3 cups rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup gluten free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray doughnut pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together rice flour, potato starch, cornstarch, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into doughnut pans.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until doughnut springs back when touched.
- Let cool and then glaze.
- 1/2 cup gluten free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a small microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Dip doughnuts into chocolate and let sit until chocolate starts to set.
- Serve and enjoy!