Zucchini and gluten free go together so well. The zucchini adds a lot of moisture that helps the taste and texture of the gluten free flours. And these muffins are a perfect example of that.
My kids loved these and I have already made them a few times this year with fresh from the garden zucchini. Stir a handful of chocolate chips into the batter and my kids like them even better and they work great for dessert.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, oil, and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl combine rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cinnamon, baking powder baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- Gradually add dry mixture to butter sugar mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups that have been lined or greased well. Fill cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.