During the summer and warmer months, I often want something a little lighter for dinner. You won’t find many soups or casseroles on my menu plan right now. I am much more likely to grill something or make a salad.
I love salad for dinner. It is a quick, easy, and healthy meal. However, my husband does not really like just salad for dinner. In order to make us both happy, I like to serve salads that contain quite a bit of meat. Or at least where my husband’s salad can contain quite a bit of meat.
This buttermilk grilled chicken salad works perfectly for that. We both enjoy this salad, and it makes for a perfect summertime meal.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, or other cuts of chicken
- lettuce, vegetables, etc for salad
- Whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Add chicken and let marinade for 4-8 hours, turning chicken occasionally. I like to let this marinade for about 8 hours, but less time will work.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill chicken until done.
- Serve over lettuce and other desired vegetables
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 31g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.