Grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese combined in a salad make for a delicious, yet simple, summer meal.
This salad is my new favorite salad. It is healthy, delicious, and a filling lunch or dinner.
And since it contains meat, this is a salad my husband will eat as a main dish. A summer salad we can all enjoy for dinner is always a good thing.
Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and dried well
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cut into chunks
- In a bowl whisk together sugar, oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and salt.
- Divide dressing mixture in half.
- Place chicken and half of the dressing in a zip top bag and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Set remaining dressing aside for use when serving.
- Remove chicken from fridge. Remove chicken from bag and discard dressing. Grill chicken over medium heat for 7-8 minutes per side or until chicken is done. Time may vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- For serving combine the spinach, tomatoes, cheese, and reserved dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat well.
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces and and add to salad.
- Serve and enjoy!