If you have read my site for long you know that I love to find make at home versions of foods we love.
I love the challenge of coming up with a less expensive and healthier version of our favorite foods.
Today I have yet another copycat recipe that we love.
We enjoy smoothies and make them quite often. I usually try to make healthy smoothies, but occasionally we like to make more of a dessert style smoothie.
Today’s recipe is definitely more of a dessert style recipe. This is not something I would serve my kids for breakfast, we eat this as a dessert, but whenever you eat this it is really good.
I will say that the amounts in this do not have to be exact. I use the basic measurements as a guide, but I do not usually measure everything exactly.
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries ( I find that the sliced ones work better)
- 1 banana, frozen (again I like it sliced or at least into chunks)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of frozen yogurt
- 2-4 ice cubes (depending on how thick you want your smoothie)
- 8 ounces of apple juice
- Blend all together in a blender until smooth and is the consistency that you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 92mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 4gSugar: 49gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.