I gave today’s recipe the name layered cheese enchiladas because it is literally cheese, enchilada sauce, and corn tortillas layered and baked. That is it.
Three ingredients layered together. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and about 25 minutes to bake. That is all. So easy and so good!
This really isn’t much of a recipe, which is why I have not shared it before. Lately though I have been in the mood for really simple cooking. I have been turning more and more to basic recipes that don’t take a lot of thought or work.
This recipe is just that. It is about as basic as you can get with only three ingredients. And all the ingredients are ones that I almost always have on hand.
My kids love this simple dinner. It is meatless though so don’t skimp on the cheese. The cheese is what makes this good!
The amounts for this are pretty basic. You can easily vary it depending on how large or small you want to make it.
- 1 can enchilada sauce or homemade enchilada sauce
- 4 cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 12-15 corn tortillas
- Spread a little bit of the enchilada sauce in a pie pan or casserole dish.
- Place one corn tortilla on top of sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and spread a little more sauce on top.
- Layer another corn tortilla, more cheese, and more sauce.
- Repeat layers ending with sauce and cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g