Layered Taco Salad is a fun way to serve taco salad. It works great for serving a crowd.
Taco salad is just about the perfect easy dinner because it contains ingredients that almost everyone loves.
It also makes a great meal to serve company or to take to a potluck dinner
One of my favorite ways to serve taco salad to a large group is in a 9×13 pan.
For my family I normally just set out the ingredients for taco salad and everyone puts it together how they like it.
When serving a large group though, or taking it to a potluck or picnic, it is easier if your taco salad is all in one bowl.
I have served taco salad layered in a large bowl or trifle dish. It works great that way, but it can be hard to get all the way to the bottom of the bowl.
Often times when taco salad is layered in a bowl, you get a lot of one layer and not so much of another.
Layering it in a 9×13 type pan changes that. It makes taco salad an easy one dish type of meal.
This is also an easy gluten free dinner if you read labels to make sure all your ingredients are gluten free. It is normal food that is gluten free and that everyone loves. I love gluten free dinners like that!
I like to serve the dressing on the side for this, but you can also pour it on top right before serving.
Serve this with a bag or two of chips along with some salsa and sour cream and you have an easy dinner that everyone is sure to love!
Need another easy taco salad recipe? Try my Layered Chicken Taco Salad.
- 4-6 cups chopped or shredded lettuce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- guacamole or avocado if desired
- ¾ cup catalina dressing
- ¾ cup salsa, (mild, medium, or hot depending on how spicy you want it.)
- Tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, etc. for serving
- In a pan cook ground beef until done. Drain off any fat and add taco seasoning according to package directions. Let meat cool completely.
- In a 9x13 pan or casserole style dish, layer lettuce, cooled meat, beans, cheese, tomatoes, (and guacamole if using)
- In a small bowl or jar combine Catalina and salsa. Pour over salad if serving right away. Serve on the side if making this ahead of time.
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, additional salsa, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 907mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 28g