Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a classic chocolate zucchini bread made gluten free.
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread is another one of those recipes that is so good no one will know that it is gluten free.
I have served this to family and friends that don’t need to eat gluten free and they loved it.
Gluten free food can be food that everyone enjoys!
Zucchini bread is one of those recipes that reminds me of my childhood. We always had a big garden and it was a family project. Which meant that my parents did most of the work, but we helped as well.
There is a reason that many gardeners joke about having too much zucchini. It is one of those foods that sometimes just grows and grows and you quickly have way more than you need.
Desserts have always been my favorite way to use up extra zucchini though.
Chocolate and zucchini go so perfectly together! They make a delicious combination is this gluten free chocolate zucchini bread.
This recipe uses individual gluten free flours. You might be wondering if you can use a gluten free blend in zucchini bread. The answer is that it depends on what kind of results you want.
You can use a blend in this recipe, but the texture will be different. I have tried many different recipes for this and the best results, both taste and texture wise, were when I used the individual flours instead of a blend.
Can freeze chocolate zucchini bread? Yes, you can freeze it. Quick breads freeze really well. You can freeze the whole loaf or you can slice and freeze individual pieces for easy breakfast, lunches, or snacks.
Now for the recipe!
- 1/4 + 2 tablespoons white rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup gluten free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and wet aside.
- In a bowl whisk together rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In another bowl stir together eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Stir just until combined.
- Stir in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve.
This bread freezes well. Wrap the whole loaf well and freeze or slice and freeze individual pieces for easy breakfast, lunches, and snacks.