I made Martha Stewart’s Pumpkin Muffins gluten free and they turned out delicious.
When I want to convert a recipe to gluten free I know that I have to start with a good recipe. In order to find a good recipe I use a source that I trust or one that is very well reviewed.
Over the years I have made and loved many Martha Stewart recipes. Most of her recipes that I have converted to gluten free have turned out well. So, when I saw her recipe or Pumpkin Muffins with pecans from a 2007 magazine, I knew that I wanted to try them gluten free.
If you aren’t gluten free you can try the regular version of Martha Stewart’s Pumpkin Muffins. I did change a few things besides just making them gluten-free, so my version is slightly different.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, other blends might work, but I have only tested them with Bob’s Red Mill blend.
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- ground cloves
- canned pumpkin puree
- plain greek yogurt
- brown sugar
- walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, other blends might work, but I have only tested them with Bob's Red Mill blend.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, plus 1/4 cup brown sugar for topping
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line 24 muffin cups.
- In a bowl whisk together gluten free flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together oil, pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, sugar, and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add in dry ingredients and whisk just until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup chopped nuts.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- In a small bowl combined remaining nuts and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle topping over the muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes in pan. Then remove to cooling rack to cool.
Other gluten free flour blends may work, but I have only tested the recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.