I love my rice cooker. It is becoming one of the most used small appliances in my kitchen. I use it for cooking plain rice, but I also use it for things like my rice cooker macaroni and cheese.
I love the convenience of my rice cooker, especially for recipes like this one. I can place everything in the rice cooker, push the button, and have a healthy and filling meal in no time.
I serve this for lunch or dinner. I usually serve it with chips and a salad for a simple, but really good meal my whole family enjoys.
This is one of those meals that can easily be made start to finish in 25 minutes or less. I love those kinds of meals.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 12-ounce jar salsa, mild, medium, or hot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can of black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I use dried beans that have been cooked and frozen)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Add all ingredients to the inner pot of rice cooker.
- Stir, close the lid and press the White Rice or cook button, depending on your rice cooker.
- When rice cooker switches to Keep-Warm mode, open the cooker, quickly stir and re-cover.
- Allow to stand for 8-10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon onto a serving dish and serve with cheese and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.