I love this oven omelet roll. It is so easy and yet makes such a nice presentation. It is also a very economical breakfast to make for the holidays.
Growing up my mom always made a special breakfast on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. She had many things to do in the kitchen, but she always took time to make breakfast special too. She would make us a fancy pancake recipe or something else a little different than our regular breakfast.
Over the years I have tried to do the same with my family. Many people ignore breakfast during the holidays. They just serve something easy and focus on the rest of the day. But serving something special for breakfast is a good way to start your holiday off. It is also a special tradition that you can do with your family.
This recipe is nice enough for a special holiday breakfast, but also easy enough that you could make it for any breakfast or even dinner.
Do you make breakfast special during the holidays?
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked ham, sausage, or bacon
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line bottom of a jelly roll type pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on the two shorter sides. Grease parchment paper. Do not skip the parchment paper on this recipe. You need it to roll the omelet.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Add eggs, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper; whisk to combine. Pour into pan. Sprinkle meat over top in an even layer.
- Bake until edges of omelet are set, 15-18 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar; bake until cheese has melted, 2 to 4 additional minutes.
- Beginning at one shorter end, lift parchment, and roll up omelet tightly, peeling back parchment as you go.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 219mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.