Life As Mom is having a comfort foods recipe swap. She posted about her favorite Macaroni and Cheese. That got me thinking about my favorite Mac and Cheese, and no it is not come in a blue box by Kraft. In fact my kids are so spoiled with home made food they do not liked the boxed stuff. They would much rather have the real stuff.
I thought I had posted about this before, but I could not find the post. So, if I have mentioned this recipe before, sorry. Maybe you will enjoy reading about it again.
We really enjoy this recipe. It is more of a southern style mac and cheese since it contains eggs and sour cream. But I like the texture those two ingredients give it. And it is a Paula Deen recipe, so of course she adds something like sour cream to make it a little different and special.
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained ( use gluten free pasta for gluten free version )
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Top with additional cheese if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 443Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 547mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.