Peach season is winding down for most parts of the country, but I wanted to be sure to share this recipe for those that still have good peaches available.
Here in Oklahoma we have had a great peach year. I went to the peach orchard three times this summer. We had a cooler summer than we have had the last few years and it made for great peaches.
They were so good. We ate basically all of them fresh because that is our favorite way to eat them. I did manage to make a few things with them like this baked oatmeal though that we loved.
I can still find some pretty good peaches in the stores here, so I am guessing this oatmeal will be on the plan a few more times over the next couple of weeks.
This peaches and cream oatmeal is very similar to my strawberries and cream baked oatmeal. It is like a grown up or gourmet version of those little oatmeal packets. So good!
And if you are looking for more baked oatmeal ideas be sure to check out my other baked oatmeal recipes.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats ( Use gluten free quick cooking oats for gf version)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped fresh peaches
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients, except peaches, and combine well.
- Carefully stir in the peaches.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- You want it set up, but not really dry.
- Serve warm drizzled with additional milk or cream if desired.
You can use milk in place of the cream in the recipe. All milk works, but will be less creamy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g