Pizza kebabs are such a fun dinner to serve, especially since they are a way to serve “pizza” without much work or heating up the kitchen.
My family loves these. And they are a fun way to serve cherry tomatoes, especially if you have extra coming from your garden. I love how quick and easy they are to make.
We love fresh mozzarella and I love the way it melts when grilled, but you could probably use regular mozzarella for these.
See that cheese that has just started to melt. YUM!! Really these are so good!
Pizza made easy during the summer.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 50 pepperoni slices
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup olives, left whole
- Soak skewers in water for several hours if they are wooden.
- Take wet skewers and place one tomato and one olive on the skewers.
- Wrap a piece of pepperoni around a chunk of mozzarella cheese and place on the skewers. (The pepperoni keeps the melting cheese from going everywhere, so don't skip that step.)
- Continue until skewers if filled or you have the desired amount on each skewer.
- Place on grill over medium heat until the cheese is starting to melt and the tomatoes are warmed.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
These look great. How many do you make per person?
Shirley @ gluten free easily
Really great idea, Lynn! Easy to make dairy free, too. 🙂
Off to share … thanks!
Thanks Shirley!! I love how easy these are to change up and still keep gluten free.
I don’t like olives – just about the only food I don’t eat – but I suppose green (bell) pepper chunks would work in their stead, right? Maybe even pineapple, with some ham instead of pepperoni for a hawaiian style? Any other ideas for variations?
You could easily leave them off or use peppers. I agree that ham and pineapple would be really good also. If you like onions those would be good added to them as well. The great thing about these is that they are easy to change up how you like them.
Val - Once A Week Cooking
I’m hosting our fantasy football draft for the girls and these would be a perfect appetizer. Easy to make ahead (my fav) and a little more filling for those girls that just got off work.