Pop Up Taco Pie is a quick and easy dinner your family will love.
Pop up pies are one of those meals that I love because they use basic ingredients that I almost always have on hand. Not only that my family loves them. They are also easy enough that both my girls can make them for dinner if I need them to.
I will say though that pop up pies are not pretty. Delicious yes, pretty not so much. I have realized that some of my family’s favorites are not pretty, but that does not mean they are not worth sharing. This one is definitely worth sharing.
Yes, presentation is important, but taste is far more important. So, I gave up trying to get a really good picture of this and am sharing it anyway.
I am also sharing the gluten free version of pop up taco pie over in my allergy section today. And yes the pictures are the same on it. I only found one set of pictures for this and since both the gluten free version and the regular version look the same, I just shared the pictures I had instead of making it again and retaking pictures.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2- 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef until done.
- Mix in tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and beans. Cook over low for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine milk, oil, and eggs. Beat one minute on medium speed.
- Add flour and salt to the egg mixture and beat for two minutes or until smooth.
- Spread the meat mixture into a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese. Carefully pour batter over cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 967mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 28g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.