Gluten free dinners do not have to be hard or time consuming. Gluten free meals can be quick and easy to make. And they can be meals that your whole family loves, not just those that are gluten free.
My Gluten Free Pop Up Pizza Pie is a favorite of my family and I know many of you love it as well. I realized recently that I have never shared my taco version of pop up pie. I knew I had to fix that because it is a favorite for my family as well.
This really is so easy to make and very kid friendly. And if you don’t have those individual flours, I am pretty sure a basic gluten free blend will work fine in this one as long as the blend has xanthan gum in it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2- 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 package gluten free taco seasoning or use homemade taco seasoning
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- In a pan brown ground beef until beef is done.
- Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Cook on low for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine milk, oil, and eggs. Beat for about 1 minute or until well blended.
- Add rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, and salt to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread meat mixture into a 9x13 pan. Top with shredded cheese and carefully pour batter over the top.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
Taco seasoning is easy to make at home with this homemade gluten free taco seasoning.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 1017mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.