Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. Delicious!
The latest version of oatmeal breakfast cookies that I have come up with are these Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. I decided to go with pumpkin because it is perfect for fall and the holidays.
They turned out just like I wanted. Moist, delicious, and a pretty healthy breakfast.
These are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go, but I think they would also make a great addition to a holiday breakfast because they are easy to make ahead and freeze.
My kids love it when I add chocolate chips to these, but I don’t always do that. The chocolate chips make them a little less healthy, but a little more kid friendly. When I made the last few batches of these I made some with chocolate chips and some without. Either way they are delicious.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats (I use gluten free oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 - 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together. (If using chocolate chips add those last)
- Drop by the spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet than remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Serve these warm or make ahead and freeze until ready to use. These also last in the fridge for a few days.
For gluten free version be sure to use gluten free oats.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 167mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.