This is not exactly a recipe but it is a sandwich we enjoy during the summer. You can make it anytime of the year but we like to do make it during the summer when we have fresh tomatoes from our garden. It is a version of a grilled cheese mixed with a BLT minus the lettuce.
This is really good with a crusty sourdough bread and grilled like you would a panini sandwich. If I do not have any sourdough style bread I just use regular bread and grill it like I would a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 8 several slices of bacon cooked
- 4 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 8 slices cheese (I like mine thickly sliced)
- 8 slices bread
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread on hot grilled and place ingredients on bread. I like to go cheese, bacon, tomato, cheese. That way the cheese holds it all together.
- Place another slice of bread on top with a buttered side out.
- Cook a few minutes or until lightly browned and flip over and cook until done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1058mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.