This is a recipe that I have been making for years, probably close to 17 years.
It is one of those kid friendly, inexpensive meals that freezes great and works well for taking to potluck dinners or to a friend in need.
I cannot count how many times I have made this over the years, but I know it is a lot. It is tried and true family favorite in our house and is perfect for Ground Beef Thursdays.
- 1 pound of spaghetti noodles, cooked ( Use gf pasta if gluten free)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 jar (about 22- 26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl combine cooked noodles, butter, Parmesan cheese, and eggs. Spread into and up the sides of 2- 9 inch pie plates and set aside.
- In a pan brown ground beef until done. Drain off any fat and add spaghetti sauce to the meat. Mix well and set aside.
- Spread cottage cheese over the noodle crusts. And then spread meat mixture over the crust dividing evenly between the two pans.
- Spread mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until set and cheese is melted.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving. This helps it set up and will make it easier to serve.
If you are gluten-free use gluten-free pasta and read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.