This easy to make cheesy taco pasta recipe is a dinner your family is sure to love! It has been a reader favorite for years.
I love to spend hours in the kitchen, but the reality is that I don’t always have the time to do that.
The majority of us need quick and easy recipes that don’t break the budget.
However, just because it is quick and easy does not mean that it has to come from a mix or box.
Quick and easy food can also be delicious homemade food. It can also be kid friendly and budget friendly.
Taste of Home
Taco pasta is a recipe that I found in an old Taste Of Home magazine. It think it was probably a copy from the early 1990’s.
The basic idea caught my attention because it was easy, simple, and frugal. Not only that it contained things that I almost always have on hand.
I changed up the recipe a little, but it is the same basic idea.
The taco pasta was an instant hit with my whole family. I have made this so many times over the last twelve years.
I have made it for company and taken it to potlucks and church dinners. It is always a meal that everyone enjoys.
Yes, this recipe freezes well. Make as directed, but do not bake. Cool completely and freeze. Defrost and cook as directed
Taco pasta is easy to make gluten free if you use gluten free taco seasoning and gluten free pasta. I make this all the time gluten free and it works great.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning ( use gluten free seasoning if gf )
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 ounce) shell macaroni, cooked and drained ( Use gluten free pasta for a gluten free version )
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat.
- Drain and add taco seasoning, tomato sauce, and green chilies.
- Stir in cooked macaroni.
- Place in a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
I like to use shell shaped pasta, but just about any shape will work.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 310mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
More Ground Beef Recipes
Originally posted March 2010. Updated February 2022.