Pumpkin bread is perfect for the fall and holidays. This delicious pumpkin bread is one of my favorites to make this time of year!
This is a recipe my sisters and I have made for years. I can’t even begin to count how many loaves of this I have made over the years. I have made it for my family. I have taken it to many holiday events. And I have given many loaves as gifts. That is how much I love this recipe.
A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for one of my favorite pumpkin breads. It is my favorite for everyday, but today I am posting my favorite holiday pumpkin bread. This bread is really good. It is not very healthy, but so very good.
This bread is a treat. It is more dessert and cake like. My kids have been known to eat it for breakfast, but it is more of a dessert or a breakfast treat.
I have been making this recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas for years. My sister first made this recipe years ago and it has become a must make for our whole family. It is adapted from a 1998 Taste of Home magazine and we love it!
Delicious Pumpkin Bread
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ( Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gf blends works well for a gf version)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix, not instant you have to use the cook and serve
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add oil and pumpkin and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl combine remaining ingredients and gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour batter into 2 large loaf pans.
- Bake at 325° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.