Strawberry Pie

This is the best strawberry pie, at least my family thinks so. It is really good. I have never made a strawberry pie before. I have had strawberry pie at a restaurant and always enjoyed it, but I never thought I could create the same thing at home.

I recently saw a recipe in Cook Country magazine for diner style strawberry pie that looked really easy and really good. So, I gave it a try. It was so good. I will be making this again soon. It will make a great summertime dessert. My whole family enjoyed this. I told my sister about the recipe and she made it for my mom for mother’s day and they all loved it. It is really good. If you like strawberries, I think you will love this pie.

This recipe has a couple of tricks that I think make it work. One is that it contains both frozen and fresh strawberries. The other is the amount of gelatin it has in it. It is 1 tablespoon which is a little more than one package of Knox gelatin. But it is worth is to do these steps.

I hope you enjoy.

Comments

1. Snow White says:

that looks amazing! thanks for continuing to inspire me in the kitchen! I have a little bloggy award for you on my cooking blog!

We love the strawberries at our house. Thanks Lynn.

3. Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

OH YUM!! With strawberry picking right around the corner, I am looking for as many strawberry recipes as I can find. Thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday. :)

4. I love strawberry pie!

5. A happy heart at home says:

That looks great! We love strawberries.

~Susan

6. Ashley @ The Happy Little Home says:

This looks fantastic and I am so happy to have found your fabulous blog!!

7. This looks delicious! I’ve tried a few different recipes for strawberry pie, and they’re all good!

8. shopannies says:

just wanted to tell you this is going to be a hit at the graduation party thanks for the recipe

9. YUM!!! my mouth is watering

10. That looks so wonderful! The perfect accompanient to a summer meal!

11. Oh, yum! This sounds fabulous! I can’t wait to go strawberry picking. IT has been so wet here that the farm is taking longer to get ready the strawberries. Hope this weekend we can go out!! :D

12. Looks delicious! And just in time for the long weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

13. That pie looks AMAZING! Funny…I just bought a lb of beautiful strawberries and wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them. Now I know!

14. Lynn I made your pie crust recipe today for a homemade apple pie. This was the most flaky crust i have ever had. Thank you.

15. I just wanted to thank you for posting the recipe. I just saw the episode today and am dying to make this. When you try to get the recipe online they want you to sign up for a free trial of cooks illustrated. I am glad you wrote down the measurements. I missed the amount of gelatin you needed.
    Much thanks!!!

16. Jennie Gift says:

Hello Lynn,

Could I make this with fresh strawberries?

• @Jennie Gift, I think the trick to this pie and why the texture is so good it using both the frozen and fresh strawberries. I think you could use all fresh, but it may change the pie some. I hope that helps.

17. I just read that recipe online from Cook’s. They feature things through their emails for a short time, then they are unavailable. I am on their mailing list, but don’t subscribe to their magazine, so don’t get bugged about signing up too much.
    The combination of cooked-down with fresh strawberries seems ingenious.

18. SouthernBelle says:

Thank you Lynn for posting this recipe! I too have been looking for this recipe after trying to get it on Cooks Country’s site and only was hounded to join their site- then still couldn’t get the recipe; so I sadly had to just give up.
    You are a life saver girl! I cannot wait to try this pie. It’s a little bit of work but I’m ready to do it.
    Thank You SO MUCH!!!

19. I use strawberry or any red gelatin instead of the unflavored gelatin, mainly because I always have it on hand but rarely keep unflavored gelatin on hand. Living in the country means substitutions happen. ha

Trackbacks

1. [...] Although I’m usually too lazy to deal with making pie crust, strawberry pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts. While my fridge is overflowing with berries, I need to motivate myself to make this delicious-looking recipe. [...]