Strawberry Pie

This is the best strawberry pie, at least my family thinks so. It is really good. I have never made a strawberry pie before. I have had strawberry pie at a restaurant and always enjoyed it, but I never thought I could create the same thing at home.

I recently saw a recipe in Cook Country magazine for diner style strawberry pie that looked really easy and really good. So, I gave it a try. It was so good. I will be making this again soon. It will make a great summertime dessert. My whole family enjoyed this. I told my sister about the recipe and she made it for my mom for mother’s day and they all loved it. It is really good. If you like strawberries, I think you will love this pie.

This recipe has a couple of tricks that I think make it work. One is that it contains both frozen and fresh strawberries. The other is the amount of gelatin it has in it. It is 1 tablespoon which is a little more than one package of Knox gelatin. But it is worth is to do these steps.

I hope you enjoy.

Comments

1. Snow White says:

that looks amazing! thanks for continuing to inspire me in the kitchen! I have a little bloggy award for you on my cooking blog!

We love the strawberries at our house. Thanks Lynn.

3. Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam says:

OH YUM!! With strawberry picking right around the corner, I am looking for as many strawberry recipes as I can find. Thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday. :)

4. I love strawberry pie!

5. A happy heart at home says:

That looks great! We love strawberries.

~Susan

6. Ashley @ The Happy Little Home says:

This looks fantastic and I am so happy to have found your fabulous blog!!

7. This looks delicious! I’ve tried a few different recipes for strawberry pie, and they’re all good!

8. shopannies says:

just wanted to tell you this is going to be a hit at the graduation party thanks for the recipe

9. YUM!!! my mouth is watering

10. That looks so wonderful! The perfect accompanient to a summer meal!

11. Oh, yum! This sounds fabulous! I can’t wait to go strawberry picking. IT has been so wet here that the farm is taking longer to get ready the strawberries. Hope this weekend we can go out!! :D

12. Looks delicious! And just in time for the long weekend! Thanks for the recipe!

13. That pie looks AMAZING! Funny…I just bought a lb of beautiful strawberries and wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them. Now I know!

14. Lynn I made your pie crust recipe today for a homemade apple pie. This was the most flaky crust i have ever had. Thank you.

15. I just wanted to thank you for posting the recipe. I just saw the episode today and am dying to make this. When you try to get the recipe online they want you to sign up for a free trial of cooks illustrated. I am glad you wrote down the measurements. I missed the amount of gelatin you needed.
    Much thanks!!!

16. Jennie Gift says:

Hello Lynn,

Could I make this with fresh strawberries?

• @Jennie Gift, I think the trick to this pie and why the texture is so good it using both the frozen and fresh strawberries. I think you could use all fresh, but it may change the pie some. I hope that helps.

17. I just read that recipe online from Cook’s. They feature things through their emails for a short time, then they are unavailable. I am on their mailing list, but don’t subscribe to their magazine, so don’t get bugged about signing up too much.
    The combination of cooked-down with fresh strawberries seems ingenious.

18. SouthernBelle says:

Thank you Lynn for posting this recipe! I too have been looking for this recipe after trying to get it on Cooks Country’s site and only was hounded to join their site- then still couldn’t get the recipe; so I sadly had to just give up.
    You are a life saver girl! I cannot wait to try this pie. It’s a little bit of work but I’m ready to do it.
    Thank You SO MUCH!!!

19. I use strawberry or any red gelatin instead of the unflavored gelatin, mainly because I always have it on hand but rarely keep unflavored gelatin on hand. Living in the country means substitutions happen. ha

20. I’ll bet that yours was better than the diner pie! I wanted to second that this pie is delicious! We also love their Cook’s Illustrated Fresh Strawberry Pie, which is quite a different style using whole strawberries with a homemade glaze. I have made them both twice each; this is my husband’s fav and the CI pie is my fav, but we both love both, and I can’t imagine anyone not loving a slice of this pie! P.S. The Easy Chocolate Ice Cream from this issue of Cook’s Country is also his favorite chocolate ice cream :)

Trackbacks

1. […] Although I’m usually too lazy to deal with making pie crust, strawberry pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts. While my fridge is overflowing with berries, I need to motivate myself to make this delicious-looking recipe. […]