Yesterday I posted about my love of cheesecake and how I have finally discovered the trick to making the best cheesecake.
See how creamy that cheesecake is? It has a lot to do with the tips for the perfect cheesecake that I posted yesterday.
Today, though I want to share with you my new favorite cheesecake recipe. I served this Crustless White Chocolate Cheesecake last month when my sister and brother in-law visited and they agreed that this was one of the best cheesecakes they have eaten.
It is perfectly rich and creamy and oh so good.
This would make a wonderful dessert for the holidays served with a homemade raspberry or another fruit sauce.
And for those of you that prefer a regular chocolate cheesecake I will be posting a very yummy recipe for a chocolate cheesecake next week, that is also perfect for the holidays.
Crustless White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 lbs white chocolate, cut into pieces
- 3 egg whites
- pinch of cream of tarter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy and then add cream of tarter. Slowly add sugar while continuing to beat. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating about 30 seconds in between each addition.
- Beat in the melted white chocolate
- Fold one third of the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Once folded in well, fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Prepare a 9 inch cheesecake pan using the water bath method. ( Do not skip this step the water bath helps give it the right texture)
- Bake at 250 for 1 hr. Do not open the oven during this time.
- After 1 hr turn off the oven but DO NOT open the oven. Leave cheesecake in the oven to continue cooking as the oven cools for 1 hr.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool.
- Once cool refrigerate for several hours or over night. This is best made a day ahead.
- Serve with my homemade raspberry sauce or another fruit sauce. This would also be good with a chocolate or caramel sauce.