Easy Skillet Lasagna is one of those quick and easy one dish dinners that we all love.
My family loves lasagna and although I love lasagna, I don’t really like the time it takes to make a pan of lasagna for a weeknight meal.
Easy Skillet Lasagna though is a great substitute for it because it has all the flavors of lasagna, but in an easy one dish meal that I can have on the table in 30 minutes or less.
It is simple and delicious and we all need more meals like that.
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups broken lasagna noodles or other similar shaped pasta (I used Sam Mills Pasta D’Oro Gluten Free, Lasagne Corte)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet cook beef with onion until beef is cooked and onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste, parsley, oregano, and salt. Stir well.
- Add in pasta and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, checking part way through. Add more water if needed.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and ricotta cheese and drop by spoonfuls on top of pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and cook covered 5 more minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!