Today for my Crock Pot Favorites series I have a delicious Buffalo Chicken Sandwich recipe for you.
These crock pot chicken sandwiches are a simple and delicious meal to make. They are perfect for a quick dinner after a long day.
These are adapted from an old Martha Stewart recipe. I did change a few things on the recipe, but we loved them. I think these would also work well with pork and I am going to try that next time. Of course they would not be buffalo chicken that way, but I think the flavors would still work really well.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 2-3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Franks Hot Pepper Sauce ( Other hot sauce will work as well. If you like it hot, add more.)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- hamburger or other buns for serving
- In a skillet cook onion and green pepper in a tablespoon of oil until tender.
- Add onion pepper mixture to crock pot along with the remaining ingredients. (Except buns)
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Using 2 forks shred chicken.
- Add some of the cooking liquid and serve over buns.
Adapted from Martha Stewart