These crockpot chicken sandwiches are a simple and delicious meal to make. They are perfect for a quick dinner after a long day.
I changed up the recipe slightly, but it is the same basic idea that Martha Stewart shared.
My husband loves these. This recipe is a delicious way to change up your basic shredded chicken sandwich.
What is buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken is usually deep fried chicken with a tangy hot sauce. This slow cooker buffalo chicken sandwich recipe is not quite the traditional recipe, but it is a delicious take on the classic recipe.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, the leftovers freeze great. Let it cool completely and freeze. Defrost, reheat, and serve.
Are they gluten free?
If you are gluten-free you can eat them over gluten-free bread or eat them bunless like we do. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is also great served over baked potatoes.
What if I don’t have chicken?
I think this recipe would work great with pork, but then it would not be buffalo chicken.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- onion, diced
- garlic, minced
- diced tomatoes
- Franks Hot Pepper Sauce ( Other hot sauce will work as well. If you like it hot, add more.)
- Worcestershire sauce
- green pepper, chopped
- hamburger or other buns for serving
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1- 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Franks Hot Pepper Sauce ( Other hot sauce will work as well. If you like it hot, add more.)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 hamburger or other buns for serving
- In a skillet cook onion and green pepper in a tablespoon of oil until tender.
- Add onion pepper mixture to crockpot along with the remaining ingredients. (Except buns)
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Using 2 forks shred chicken.
- Add some of the cooking liquid and serve over buns.
For a gluten-free version serve over gluten-free buns or serve bunless.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 882Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 269mgSodium: 1156mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 89g
Originally posted March 2013. Updated March 2021.