Cookies are one of my favorite things to make and it has been awhile since I shared a gluten free cookie recipe with you. Today I am fixing that with a delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
This gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is adapted from an old recipe that I used to make called ultimate chocolate chip cookie, which is why I am calling this ultimate gluten free chocolate chip cookie.
And really this cookie is good. Really good. Not sure it is the ultimate I will never make a different recipe type of cookie, but it is really good. It is a cookie that no one will know is gluten free and that is always a good thing.
These are soft and chewy and delicious!
Tomorrow I will share one of my favorite ways to eat these cookies. It is really good and perfect for summer, so stay tuned for that.
Ultimate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl beat butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until blended in.
- In a small bowl combine rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry mixture to butter mixture until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for several minutes then remove to wire rack to cool.