A friend of mine recently brought a chocolate raspberry cake to a church dinner. I did not get a chance to have a piece, so she sent some cake home with me. It was so good. I love the combination of raspberry and chocolate. They just seem to go together so well.
Before I ate the cake I took a picture of it. My daughter asked why I was taking a picture and I said that if it was good I would post it on my site. She then said, but you can’t because you did not make it. I told her it would be fine, if I said that I did not make it. She was still not convinced that it was okay, even though I assured her that I would say it was not my cake. I tried to explain to her that it was such a good cake I thought others would like it.
So, to be sure I give credit where it is due, thank you Darlene for sending me home some of your cake and for passing the recipe on to me.
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Chocolate and raspberries combined into a delicious cake.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups (16-oz. can) HERSHEY'S Syrup
RASPBERRY CREAM CENTER:
- 2 cups powdered sugar,
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- ¼ cup raspberry jam in small bowl;
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder in large bowl; beat until smooth.
- Add syrup; blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Combined raspberry cream ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spread on cake.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Melt butter and chocolate together stirring until smooth.
- Pour over chilled dessert.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Your cake looks absolutely wonderful!
I’ve never met a combination of chocolate and raspberry that wasn’t great! This looks good and fairly easy to make. My son says his mouth is watering from looking at the photo. 🙂 Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Oh Wow! That looks great! I will be adding this to my list! Thanks for sharing!
Yum, this looks good and I too love the taste combination of chocolate and raspberry.
I love the combo of raspberry and chocolate, I can’t wait to try this!
I have had this exact cake except with a mint filling – I think they used creme de menthe or mint extract and a tad bit of green food coloring. The raspberry sounds delicious – especially if you have some homemade jam. I will have to try it this way – Thanks!
Looks delicious. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and raspberries!
I love things that look pretty and taste good too! This is a nice recipe
Oh, wow! This sounds delish, Lynn! 😀
I generally loathe the whole chocolate-raspberry combo, but that cake looks delish. I think I really like the look of that frosting on top. Maybe I’ll just make some of that and top a fudge cake.
Made this yesterday, so good! I love chocolate and raspberry together and this was super easy and yummy!! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for letting me know. I agree, chocolate and raspberry go so well together.