Make dinner in 15 minutes with this Easy Sausage Alfredo.
Over the last few months I kept seeing a simple recipe for Sausage Alfredo by Hillshire Farms. I saw it over and over again in ads in the magazines we get at my husband’s office. The ingredients were so simple and it was a very quick and easy meal.
I kept thinking that I needed to try it. A few weeks ago, when I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer for the meal I had originally planned, I knew it was the perfect night to try it.
Of course I tweaked the recipe a little bit though. The original recipe called for all cream, and although I love cream, I thought I could cut down on it a little and use part milk. I also did not have quite the full amount of cream the recipe called for, so using milk seemed like a good solution. Cutting back on the cream worked fine.
The recipe suggested tomatoes as a stir in and I also thought tomatoes would be delicious added to the recipe. I knew it would make it more of a one-dish meal that way. And again it worked great and we loved it.
I let the tomatoes cook for a little bit, which made the dish not so pretty, but it was delicious. If you prefer you can just stir the tomatoes in at the end.
I love quick and easy pasta meals like this. We all need more get it on the table fast meals and this is a new favorite at our house.
- 16 ounces pasta ( use gluten free pasta for gf version )
- 1 pound cooked smoked sausage, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning ( I used homemade Emeril's seasoning)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking cook sausage in a skillet for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and stir for 1 minute.
- Add cream, milk, and seasoning. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- Stir in Parmesan and remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta and stir until pasta is well coated with sauce.
If you are gluten free be sure that your sausage and cajun seasoning is gluten free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.