This recipe is adapted from an Apple Nacho Recipe I saw in a recent Taste Of Home magazine. However, I really adapted the recipe and made it much more simple.
The original recipe had you making your own caramel sauce, which you could do, but I took the easy way out and opened a jar of caramel topping and my kids never knew the difference.
My family loved these. It is really not a recipe, especially once I omitted the homemade caramel sauce. This is really one of those things you can just adapt. Add the toppings that you want or take off the ones you do not want.
This is also a great dish or snack for kids to make. It is so easy and they will feel like they accomplished a lot. Not only that they love to eat the results.
- 4 apples slices
- 1/2 cup Caramel topping, warmed slightly to make it thinner
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup marshmallows, nuts, raisins, etc (optional)
- Place apples on a plate or platter, top with chocolate chips, and any other toppings you choose.
- Drizzle caramel topping all over.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 34gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.