Bacon Avocado and Cheese are comined into a grilled cheese sandwich for an easy and delicious dinner!
Grilled cheese sandwiches are my comfort food. I could eat them almost every day. Although that probably would not be the healthiest of diets…
You get the idea though. I love a good grilled cheese sandwich.
One of the best things about grilled cheese sandwiches is how easy they are to make with simple ingredients.
Cheese and bread are things that I almost always have on hand. It is also an easy meal when I do not have a lot of time.
I love a simple grilled cheese sandwich on its own or with a bowl of soup. But I also love changing it up with a few extra ingredients.
Grilled cheese with ham is delicious. Bacon, egg, and cheese grilled cheese is one of my favorites. Roast beef and mushroom grilled cheese is another great one.
Bacon, cheese, and tomato grilled cheese is another one we love in the summer with garden fresh tomatoes. I even love making grilled cheese in my oven.
Today I am changing up a basic grilled cheese sandwich by adding bacon and avocado. It is so good!
It seems like people use avocados in everything. I love avocados, and can easily enjoy them by the spoonful plain, but I am picky in what I use them for.
Avocados in dessert? No, thank you. Avocados on a sandwich? Yes, please.
Avocados take a basic sandwich to the next level. Which is what I did for this sandwich.
Bacon avocado grilled cheese is not a new idea to me, but I don’t think I had actually tried it until recently.
I can’t believe it took me so long to try this. If you love avocados and have never tried it on a grilled cheese, you need to. It is so good!
For a gluten free sandwich I make this on gluten free bread. It isn’t as pretty, but it tastes just as good.
Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
Bacon and avocado is added to grilled cheese to make it an over the top grilled cheese sandwich.
- 4 slices bread ( Use gf bread for those that need to eat gluten free)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a bowl mash avocado and set aside.
- Preheat skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Place 2 slices of bread in pan buttered side down.
- Place one piece of cheese on each piece of bread. Spread avocado on top of the cheese. Place 2 pieces of bacon on each sandwich. Place remaining cheese on top. Top with bread, buttered side out.
- Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, turning the sandwich once, or until both sides are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 762Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 1156mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g
Originally posted April 2018. Updated May 2023.
I love Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & this sounds like a yummy variation!