Baked enchilada rice is one of my favorite quick, easy, and inexpensive side dishes. It goes with just about any Mexican type meal. It contains only four ingredients and can be made in thirty minutes or less.
Rice is one of my favorite quick, easy, and inexpensive side dishes. I also love that it goes with just about any meal.
Today’s recipe for baked enchilada rice is all those things. It is quick and easy to make. It only contains four basic ingredients that I almost always have on hand. It also goes with just about any Mexican type meal.
I served it recently with sheet pan fajitas and we loved it!
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2-10 ounce cans of red enchilada sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat chicken broth in a microwave-safe bowl or in a pan on the stovetop.
- Spread uncooked rice in a 9x13 pan that has been greased.
- Pour enchilada sauce and heated chicken broth over rice.
- Place butter on rice/broth mixture.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 28-32 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 996mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.