It is no secret that we love muffins. We make them all the time. They make a great breakfast, snack, lunchbox treat, and even dessert. They are also easy to make in large batches and freeze for a simple make ahead treat.
Over the last few years I have shared quite a few gluten free muffin recipes. We love them all!
Today’s muffin recipe is a little different though because I am just sharing a basic gluten free muffin batter recipe. It is very versatile. The options for add ins are pretty endless.
Our favorite add ins are blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. But we have also stirred in some chocolate chips for gluten free chocolate chip muffins and raspberries and white chocolate for a delicious raspberry white chocolate muffin.
You can add blueberries and a little lemon juice or lemon extract for lemon blueberry muffins. You could also do a lemon poppy seed version.
This really is a basic gluten free muffin batter that works great with your favorite ingredients added in.
I mean really doesn’t that look good!
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk (for dairy free version use coconut milk with a little bit of lemon juice added)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups berries, chocolate chips, or desired add ins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners or grease muffin pan well.
- In a bowl mix together rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another beat together milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir just until well combined.
- Stir in berries, chocolate, or desired add ins..
- Scoop into muffin pan filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in pan. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g