Blueberries and peaches are combined to make these delicious Blueberry Peach Crumb Bars. They are the perfect summer treat!
Summer is not quite over yet and I have a few more summer recipes to share!
Next Monday is Labor Day, which many people mark as the end of summer, but according to the calendar we have a few more weeks of summer left. That means a few more weeks of summer weather and summer fruit and vegetables.
I am not quite ready to move on to fall and winter foods and this week I have a couple of recipes left to share that are great for end of summer peaches.
These peach blueberry bars are delicious! The blueberries and peaches together work perfectly. If you love fruit desserts this recipe is a must-try!
- 3 cups flour ( Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free flour works great in these)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using two forks or a pastry cutter, cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and add to flour mixture with vanilla. Mix just until combined.
- Reserve two cups of butter-flour mixture and press the remaining mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl combine peaches, blueberries, cornstarch, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Spread over flour mixture that has been pressed into pan.
- Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture and press down slightly.
- Baked for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.