Fresh peaches are added to a gluten-free muffin batter in these delicious gluten-free peach muffins! Gluten-free can be easy and delicious!
I guess I have been in the muffin making mood lately because I think this is the fourth muffin recipe I have shared in my Recipes Made the Gluten Free Way series.
Muffins are one of my favorite things to bake. My family loves them and I love finding new recipes to convert to gluten-free. I will try to take a break from muffins and work on some cakes and cookies the next few weeks.
I adapted this recipe from a Peach Muffin recipe I saw on Bunny’s Warm Oven. I have been following Bunny’s site for a long time and she has some great recipes. If you are not gluten-free be sure to check out the original recipe.
I came across this recipe a few weeks ago when I had some peaches that needed used up. I knew it was a recipe that my family would love and decided to try converting it to gluten-free.
It actually converted to gluten-free quite easily. I used my favorite gluten-free flours for this and it turned out great. I also changed the milk from the original recipe to buttermilk in the gluten-free version. I have found that buttermilk works better in gluten-free baking and improves the texture.
I love the crumb topping on these. It makes them extra delicious!
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 peaches, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (or use a combination of rice flour and cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Great or line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl combine rice flours, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, buttermilk, and egg. Whisk to combine.
- In another bowl combine peaches and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Stir in peaches just until combined.
- Scoop into muffin tin filling each cup 3/4 full.
- In a bowl combine topping ingredients and sprinkle topping mixture over batter dividing evenly over muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.