Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham is one of the best glazes for ham that I have made.
We have a lot of hams and I have tried many ham glazes over the years. I rarely end up making the same one twice.
I am always looking for something better, but I finally found a ham glaze that my family loved and one that I will definitely be making again and again.
The honey, apple juice, and brown sugar in this glaze really helps it caramelize and gives it a really nice flavor. And I am sure the bourbon doesn’t hurt either.
The combination of flavors in this is amazing and we loved it.
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 ½ cups browned sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Ham( you will coat the ham with this the last 30 minutes of cooking)
- In a saucepan combine the bourbon and apple juice and bring to a boil. Cook over medium to medium high heat until reduced to about ½ cup.
- Remove from heat and add brown sugar, honey, and cayenne pepper. Stir to form a paste.
- Remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before it is finished cooking.
- Score the ham, if it is not already scored. You just want to slice through the very outer layer of the ham to help the glaze soak in.
- Rub paste all over the top and sides of the ham.
- Bake 20-30 minutes more or until the glaze is glossy and darkened.
- Let ham sit a few minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from The Pig Cookbook.