What can make bacon even better? How about adding a little brown sugar.
I have cooked a lot of bacon over the last few years of raising hogs. In fact, I think the bacon is my family’s favorite thing about raising hogs. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could get the whole hog done into bacon. YUM!
Yes, I know that would not be healthy, but I can dream can’t I?
Back to the recipe and the brown sugar glazed bacon. I have cooked a lot of bacon over the years and I normally just cook it plain, but once in awhile when I want the bacon to be a little over the top, I make brown sugar glazed bacon.
The brown sugar caramelizes on the bacon while it cooks and makes it so good. Brown sugar glazed bacon has a smoky sweet flavor that makes it some of the best bacon I have had.
Really this is good and if you want to take your bacon to the next level, try adding some brown sugar to it.
- 1 lb bacon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. (For easier clean up you can place foil on baking sheet under the rack)
- Arrange bacon on wire rack (this may take 2 pans depending on how large your pan and rack are.
- Sprinkle with pepper and brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is slightly crisp. ( The time may vary depending on how you like your bacon.)
- Drain on paper towels to remove some of the grease.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 957mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.