Buttered Rice with Ground Beef is a simple meal that uses everyday ingredients.
I made this buttered rice with ground beef over the weekend and my family loved it!
I had planned on sharing the recipe in a few weeks, but my family loved it so much that I knew I needed to share it with you this week. It was too good to wait.
This recipe not only tastes great it also uses basic ingredients that I almost always have on hand. Rice, beef broth, ground beef, onions, and butter. All things I have for a simple dinner.
The leftovers of this reheated well. My kids and husband ate the leftovers for lunch and loved them. Next time I make it I might make a larger batch for even more leftovers.
This may not be the prettiest dinner that I have made, but it is easy and delicious. So often that is the case. Yes, presentation is important, but we often lose site of the simple basic recipes when we think only of perfection. Simple recipes may not also be beautiful, but they are easy, delicious, and budget friendly.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 2- 14.5 ounce cans beef broth ( If you are gluten free be sure your broth is gluten free)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a skillet or pan cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
- Spread uncooked rice and cooked ground beef mixture in a 9x13.
- Pour beef broth and water over rice mixture.
- Place cut up butter on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 25-30 minutes more or until rice is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g