Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken is a quick and easy dinner that uses only three ingredients. Four ingredients if you serve it on tortillas or rice.
This might not be the prettiest recipe that I have shared. Chicken, green salsa, and cheese does not make for a great picture, but it is very good.
I have seen various versions of this dish, but they are all basically the same. Chicken, green salsa, and cheese. Some recipes vary the cheese or amount of salsa, but they are all very similar. Today I am sharing my version.
I like this recipe because I can serve it as is, with tortillas, or over rice. It is also easy to make in a large batch and use the leftovers shredded for a taco or burrito type filling.
The trick to this recipe is to keep the chicken covered in salsa and cheese so that it doesn’t dry out when cooking. I am giving basic amounts for the ingredients, but you can easily change this one up and make a small amount or a large amount.
Need other quick and easy chicken dinner recipes?
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders, breasts, or thighs (If using chicken breasts or large pieces of chicken, cut them in half.)
- 1 3/4 cup - 2 cups salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 or similar-sized baking dish.
- Spread salsa verde over chicken, covering chicken well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. Time will vary depending on the size. Chicken tenders will take closer to 20 minutes and chicken breasts and thighs will take 25 minutes or longer.
- Serve as is, with tortillas, or over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 830mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 56g