Chicken Enchilada Pie is a simple dinner recipe that only contains four ingredients. It is also easy to make gluten free!
Chicken Enchilada Pie is one of those recipes that isn’t really a recipe. It is four basic ingredients layered together and baked. It is simple and delicious.
It is also easy to make gluten free because all you have to do is make sure your enchilada sauce is gluten free. Or use homemade enchilada sauce.
I love that this can be made with ingredients I almost always have on hand.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 4 cups shredded cheddar, jack, or colby jack cheese
- 1 -19 ounce can enchilada sauce or homemade enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread about 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of 9x9 oven-proof dish or a deep-dish pie plate.
- Arrange two or three tortillas on top of the sauce, tearing the tortillas, and arranging to fit the dish if needed.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the cheese and 1/4 of the chicken on top.
- Pour about 1/4 of a cup of sauce over the meat and cheese.
- Place another layer of tortillas on top and repeat meat, cheese, and sauce layers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted and it is heated completely through.
If you are gluten-free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients like enchilada sauce are gluten-free. You can also use homemade enchilada sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 1091mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.