Brownie Trifle is an easy and delicious dessert. It looks great layered in a glass bowl and serves a crowd.
Brownie Trifle is a recipe that I have been making for over ten years. I love how easy it is to make. This trifle is a brownie layer, a pudding type layer, and Cool Whip layered in a glass bowl. So easy and so delicious.
I love that I can make this with whatever type of brownie that I want to. A basic boxed brownie is the easiest. A gluten free brownie works great for a gluten free dessert that is so good no one will know it is gluten free.
Last Friday I needed a quick and easy dessert to take to a family dinner and the first dessert I thought of was this trifle because everyone loves it.
Over the years I have taken this to many family dinners, church dinners, picnics, and more. It is a great dessert for a big group because it serves quite a few. This dessert is so good I rarely have any left when I take it places and I have shared the recipe more times than I can count.
During the summer I often add strawberries or raspberries to the layers. It is a fun and easy way to change it up and berries and chocolate are always good together.
If you need an easy dessert that feeds quite a few people and looks really nice, give this recipe a try. You will not be disappointed!
Love Chocolate? You might like these chocolate recipes:
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake without a Cake Mix
- Chocolate Pie
- Double Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
Brownie Trifle Recipe
- 1 package brownie mix for a 9x13 pan or homemade brownie mix, or homemade gluten free brownie mix
- 1 3.9 ounce package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining whipped topping. Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving