Chocolate Chip Coconut Breakfast Cookies, also known as mounds bar breakfast cookies at our house, are a simple breakfast treat that can be made ahead and freeze great.
These breakfast cookies are a simple breakfast treat that my family loves!
Who doesn’t love the idea of cookies for breakfast? I think everyone loves being able to have a cookie for breakfast and these cookies are a simple oatmeal breakfast cookies made extra special with the addition of coconut and chocolate.
If you want to make these a little healthier you can easily leave the chocolate out, but they are better with chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips added.
These chocolate chip coconut breakfast cookies are great made ahead and kept in the refrigerator or freezer for busy mornings.
You can eat these cold or room temperature, but my family enjoys them heated up in the microwave. They are also easy to make gluten free by using gluten free oats.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats ( I use gluten-free quick oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine oats, brown sugar, milk, butter, eggs, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by a large spoonful onto the cookie sheet or use a cookie scoop to scoop onto a cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until set.
- Serve immediately or reheat leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Tools and ingredients I used to make this recipe: