As you probably know by now, my family loves muffins and I love trying new muffin recipes. We eat muffins at least once a week. So, I like to find new and interesting recipes. I know chocolate and pumpkin may sound like an interesting and strange combination, but it is really good. My kids loved these and kids are some of the pickiest eaters.
I can’t exactly call these healthy because they contain a cake mix. In general I have been staying away from cake mixes, but something about this recipe made me really want to try it. I wanted to make something to give the kids for a dessert/snack the other day. I had a chocolate cake mix in my pantry, so I decided it was a good time to give these a try.
These are not really healthy, but they are not exactly unhealthy either. These are a bit cake like because they are made from a cake mix, but these do not contain oil or butter like most cakes would. These only contain a few ingredients, so they are easy to put together.
- 1 chocolate cake mix ( I used devils food, the original recipe called for german chocolate or use gluten free for gf version )
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Mix together well and then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with papers.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until they test done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from the Cake Mix Doctor.