I saw this recipe several weeks ago in a Better Homes and Garden magazine. I knew right away that I wanted to try it. I love hot chocolate and I love chocolate and coconut together even more.
I decided to give this recipe a try for Thanksgiving. I doubled the recipe so that I would have enough for everyone. I mixed all the ingredients together in the crockpot and left it on low. This way everyone could enjoy a cup full as they wanted.
We loved this! It is a perfect hot drink to serve at holiday parties or family gatherings. I served this with my chocolate whipped cream and it was so good.
It would be an easy and great drink to serve at a holiday party, dessert party, or cookie exchange during the holidays.
You can also heat this on the stove top, but the crockpot worked well. I would be sure to heat this on low and turn to warm though. I left mine in the crockpot a little too long and it developed a film on top.
- 3 cups milk
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 of a 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- whipped cream ( I served this with my chocolate whipped cream see note below )
- Mix together the first six ingredients.
- Heat on stove top or in crockpot. If using a crockpot heat on low just until warmed through and then turn to warm or off.
- Add chocolate shavings and whipped cream when serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.