Coffee Cake Muffins are the perfect muffin for breakfast, lunch, dessert, or with a cup of afternoon coffee.
Muffins are one of my family’s favorite homemade things to make. We make them at least once a week. Often we make a double batch to fill the freezer.
They are also one of my favorite things to keep in the freezer for easy breakfasts, snacks, and desserts.
These coffee cake muffins are so easy and delicious! They are basically what they sound like. They are all the good things about coffee cake, but in a muffin form.
I have been making these coffee cake muffins for years. My family loves them. If you are looking for a simple muffin recipe give this one a try.
I now make them in a gluten free version. So if you are gluten free I shared how I adapt them to gluten free in the recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups flour (Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend works well in these)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour ( Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free blend works well in these)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
For the Topping:
- In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and salt.
- With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles large coarse crumbs. Set aside.
For the Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin or use muffin liners. This will make about 18 muffins.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together butter, sour cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Slowly mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Divide half the batter among prepared muffin cups. Top with half the streusel mixture, add more batter remaining to fill muffin pan cup about 3/4 full, and top with streusel.
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g